Boring

FLApathy

I read somewhere that the difference between a VG33 anf VG30 is the bore size, ive been wanting to do a 30 to 33 swap for a while but never could afford it, now Ihave no choice. I aslo read that theres some different water jackets between 33 and 30, which may come in handy to know for sure. From what I understand the sleves in the 30 are thicker than the 33 and can be bored out to 33 specs. So my question is, has anybody ever done this or know of anybody thats done it, will Ihave to get 33 heads to put on the bored out 30? The reason I ask is because I need to do something with my motor since it slung a rod the other day.

Versitility...

...the VG series engines are very versitile. All of the VG blocks share all of the same engine/transmission and accessory mounting bosses/locations, making mixing and matching parts from FWD to RWD configuration very easy. The VG30 and VG33 blocks are nearly identical other than bore size and minor water routing differences. Boring out a VG30 block to a VG33 bore size results in the same wall thickness as a VG33.

Justin,

Since your heads are still good (I'm guessing, I don't know the extent of your motor trouble other than a thrown rod), why don't you just get a VG33 block and assemble it all together.

yeah thats one of my options, I just wanted some more info on this one, i may end up doing that, idk for sure yet

and as far as i know the heads are still good, i dont want to find out really, yet anyway

The 3.3 is bored and stroked, not just overbored. Sorry.

Ok then, how bout what Dan said, just get a 33 block w/ pistons, swap over crank and heads, could i get away with that? I've heard alot different storys bout going that route, some say it works and others say it doesnt so i unno.

Ok then, how bout what Dan said, just get a 33 block w/ pistons, swap over crank and heads, could i get away with that? I've heard alot different storys bout going that route, some say it works and others say it doesnt so i unno.

That's a perfectly fine idea. It works great. Have a look at this project Pathy, they swapped a 3.3 into it.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/projects/pathfinder.php

I may have a completely rebuilt VG30E available. It has been bored out .030 over. The engine has been completely gone thru, no old parts at all. new pistons, oil pump, cam bearings, everything. Attached to it is a perfect auto tranny also.

East of Cleveland is the location. Obviously I am not will to deliver. Availability will be made certain after August 12th. I can not sell it for my son ,but thats when he gets out.