stalling...

Guest The ORR

Guest The ORR

O.k. So I know I havent posted before, actually I have but they were kinda retarded posts. Which some may consider this retarded as well.

Bought an 87 pathfinder in march, it stopped running a couple weeks after buying it. Broke off the number 5 spark plug, someone cross threaded it is what I eventually found out.

Anyways, replaced the heads, intake manifold, fuel heater mixture, throttle body, fuel pump relay, eccs relay, timing belt (obviously since replaced the heads), all belts, distributor rotor, cap, wires, new vaccum lines (vice the pcv line), timing is at 12 degrees, and lets see.... anyways...

My Negative battery cable terminal is $#&%ed up, but that shouldnt matter, because the alternator should still make the motor work with the negative battery not connected, right?

what you all think I should look for?

Thanks,

Orr

like JJ said.. check allt he vaccum lines, fuel filter.... and also fix that battery cable.. you won't help your pathy runnin off the alternator..... check all sensors are plugged in and also your MAF sensor (clean if necessary)

Guest The ORR

Funny you mentioned the Throttle Positioning Sensor, That is good though. If I am correct the ECCS Has a trouble code for it the the fsm has a part to check it. The vaccumm lines are good except for the PCV one that goes to the Air Filter Regulator. The Fuel Filter was actually the first thing I changed when I first ran into the problem. I think it is the terminal though, I was talking with one of my fellow sailors about it, Figure it may have to have that cable good for the sensors. Thanks y'all for the replies.

O.k. So I know I havent posted before, actually I have but they were kinda retarded posts. Which some may consider this retarded as well.

Bought an 87 pathfinder in march, it stopped running a couple weeks after buying it. Broke off the number 5 spark plug, someone cross threaded it is what I eventually found out.

Anyways, replaced the heads, intake manifold, fuel heater mixture, throttle body, fuel pump relay, eccs relay, timing belt (obviously since replaced the heads), all belts, distributor rotor, cap, wires, new vaccum lines (vice the pcv line), timing is at 12 degrees, and lets see.... anyways...

My Negative battery cable terminal is $#&%ed up, but that shouldnt matter, because the alternator should still make the motor work with the negative battery not connected, right?

what you all think I should look for?

Thanks,

Orr

Theortically your right about the battery cable, but i'd still fix it first. Bad grounds can cause wierd problems.. like bizzar

Guest The ORR

yep, sure was the cable, replaced the terminal, and vwalah! Runs just fine. gosh 3 months, over 100 hours, and 500 bucks got it done. Now just to fix the exhaust manifold studs that were broken off.

Guest The ORR

Guess I forgot to knock on wood last night. Right before I hit the highway to get it back to my place which is around a 35 mile trip from were it was at, it did it again. I am so freakin dumb founded about it. It would be running just fine then all of a sudden act like it hit a wall, the engine would kill over for a second then keep on going.

So what would be some other things?

crank angle posistioning sensor is I am assuming its good I checked it out a couple of weekends ago. Then the tps is good (new one, but hey you know that is not always like a hundred percent right) new plugs, wires, coil is good (shocked the sheesha out of me) compression is about 110.

I am thinking it may be the fuel pump relay again, or another relay.

What you guys think?

Guest The ORR

Nevermind I am selling this piece of crap. Back at square one, just went out there to replace the relays and fix one wire. Now it wont stay running.

750 take it off my hands. I have no idea how to post pics, but will figure it out soon and post an ad in the classifieds section.