Need a real bumper

90seven

A few months ago when I was up in the Sequoia Mountains I backed into a 12 foot tree stump. How did I not see a tree with a 6 foot diameter? Hell if I know. I messed up the bumper. (bent the chrome corner and popped out the parts the held the bumper to the fender) Just today, my wife backed into a small concrete pole in the parking garage at work, didn't bend anything, but scratched it. No big deal. I think, that's 2. Not sure if I want to see what happens the third time around. You know what they always say, everything happens in threes. So, I thinkm its time for a steel bumper, a real bumper. That won't break or bend. I've seen many of the R50s on here with moded front bumpers but no rear. Nick and Pezzy have nice front bumpers. Maybe even a front to go along with the rear. :)

The only people I'm aware of that have new rear bumpers are Keith (system-f) and another guy on the board that I can't think of his name. I emailed the company about a month ago (CBI Offroad) to see if they'd make another one like it. I also wanted a swing-out tire carrier which they said could be done. Unfortunatly it's not mine. :P

536972612_r50rear.jpg

536972613_r50rear2.jpg

That is snowsnake's (although I think I mispelled his online name...)

We're looking into fabbing a rear bumper and or tire carrier for my pathy this winter... there isnt anything that is already made for our trucks...

Its so nice to be wanted. But I dont have any measurements. Steve at CBI did it all. it took about 6 months for me to decide on a design. Its all mandrel bent, dom (i belive, or thick walled at least) tubing. He used the factory hitch mount holes to mount it. I've done several recoveries and towed a couple of sleds with it. The only damage has been to the powder coating.

I've only hung up on it once, but I think it was more the tire carrier (I'll have to get a copy of those pictures).

If youre intereseted, I'd be willing to leave him my pathy for measurements and fitment and he can create a mastepiece for you as well.

http://www.cbioffroadfab.com/

Pathy%20Bumper%20+%20Sliders%20Fresh%20powder%20Coat%20nect%20to%20full%20size%20sliders%202.JPG

The bumper is in the foreground. Sliders in the middle. In the back ground are sliders for a full size chevy.

Pathy%20Bumper%20+%20Sliders%20Fresh%20powder%20Coat%20nect%20to%20full%20size%20sliders%203.JPG

Another angle

A few more pics here.

They will probably load slowly as i only have a 256k upstream.

(edit)

Notice the difference in the spare tire height between the two pics tmorgan posted. Much better depature angle. I've drug the spare hard enough to wedge rocks into the bead.

Rocks%20in%20spare%20tire%20bead%201.JPG

Edited by snosnk