flowmaster

Tosh

hey i have a 1993 nissan pathfinder v6. i want a real deep sounding exhaust and i'm not sure what to do.

check out vehicle specific forum, there are several write ups on exhausts, including flow master & magnaflow set ups on my rigs with videos. B)

:search: is your friend :wiggle:

hey i have a 1993 nissan pathfinder v6. i want a real deep sounding exhaust and i'm not sure what to do.

ye i searched it but i was just tryin to get some other people opinion about it. but thanks

I am gonna go with Thrust turbo on my 88.... heard a local hard-body pickup with one here in town and it sounded pretty nice.... it was deep and rich sounding....

hmm i've never heard one of them before i'll have to look into that

i don't know much about them that's why i was wonderin what would sound best on a pathfinder

For SOUND I'd go with a dynomax muffler, or a pair of glasspacks. The flowmaster sounds tinny to be. Magnaflow sounds good as well.

For performance, glasspacks are the best, or equivalent. No backpressure.

Edelbrock old style mufflers (don't make them anymore, have to find them on Ebay or whatever) are the best muffler, period. No backpressure, amazing sound, and don't blow or burn out.

For SOUND I'd go with a dynomax muffler, or a pair of glasspacks. The flowmaster sounds tinny to be. Magnaflow sounds good as well.

For performance, glasspacks are the best, or equivalent. No backpressure.

Edelbrock old style mufflers (don't make them anymore, have to find them on Ebay or whatever) are the best muffler, period. No backpressure, amazing sound, and don't blow or burn out.

thanks i found some videos and i like the edelbrock. now i just have to find one

thanks i found some videos and i like the edelbrock. now i just have to find one

Edelbrock makes a muffler now, but it's totally different. The one I'm talking about hasn't been made in 3 years.

Edelbrock makes a muffler now, but it's totally different. The one I'm talking about hasn't been made in 3 years.

oh ok i'll have to try to find it

Go to advance auto parts... they got everything you need to do a full custom exhaust there....except the welders and the people to do it for ya....

my plan is from my headers back, get a catalytic converter from a junk yard, shorten the pipes on it to make it just a cat, then convert to 2.5" pipe, and straight pipe it to a thrust turbo muffler, then a down pipe.... hidden exhaust..... Just gotta make a spot for the O2 sensors, then make sure i still got my spark arresters... I was gonna go 3" but I cant find an exhaust pipe adapter to go from 1.75"-3"

and sorry I ment Thrush exhaust

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/products.html

I am going with the turbo.....

And at advance auto parts its $23 for the muffler at my local one....28273

And the thrush mufflers are all reversible for 2 sounds in one! Dont like whats coming out of one end, turn it around and you got something different....freaken awesome!

Edited by Nytrosfinder

not enough back pressure or something?

I think. And it has to do with the circulation of hot air through the pipes, and how the engine can't push air through that big of a pipe effectively.

Like blowing really hard into a small straw, then bigger, bigger, then so big you get nothing.

There's a happy medium, and I think it's 2.25-2.5"

No Cats and a flowmaster:

just a cat or "straight pipes"

that last one is funny at the very end and in the middle.... girl doesnt know which one is the gas pedal... lol

Edited by Nytrosfinder

I just tried, my camera is such a piece of sh!t that all it picked up was wind noise and if it got too loud it would make blotchy noises.

Well I uploaded it anyways. Beware, there's only a few parts where you can actually hear it. It was too windy out. At the end I put it in drive so you could hear how it loped at idle, sounds like a V8 when it's fully warmed up and idling around 600 in drive. At the beginning you can hear my lifters clatter :aok: AND the sound is way ahead. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq3EYE5bDso

Edited by Kingman

I just tried, my camera is such a piece of sh!t that all it picked up was wind noise and if it got too loud it would make blotchy noises.

Well I uploaded it anyways. Beware, there's only a few parts where you can actually hear it. It was too windy out. At the end I put it in drive so you could hear how it loped at idle, sounds like a V8 when it's fully warmed up and idling around 600 in drive. At the beginning you can hear my lifters clatter :aok: AND the sound is way ahead. WTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq3EYE5bDso

next time you take a video, cover over the Mic with a good sock or something like, will reduce the blotchy noises....