Broke tensioner got it fixed, now loss of power

delavoie

Alright problem solved finally.

The bottom pulley has some sort of key/pin, the first garage after they change my t-belt i guess they used the wrong key/pin when i would hit higher rpm's that pin would get lose and trow off the timing again.

So he order that pin, got that installed and then noticed that 1 of my spark plugs was seized. He got that out and the plug was broken. So i was running on 5 cylinders too.

Now it run's fine,, now if i can fix those leaky manifolds it would run even better.

Anyone know how much time it takes a garage to swap out those headers, knowing there's probably a couple bolts broken off of it.

Installing headers knowing at least a couple bolts are broken? Based on my experience:

If I was doing it and assuming Thorleys, I would quote you $200 to $600 for labor.... Add $100 for Pacesetters. Removing broken studs is a crap shoot. Some are much more accessible than others, and some screw right out while others will fight you every inch of the way. Did 2 on little grey last month. First one took well over 2 hours. Second one took 5 minutes.

Yup it cost me $200 for the timing belt and tensioner & labour.

They covered the cost of sending it to the other garage, spark-plugs, pulley pin, labour.

I dont think i'm going to bother with the headers,, it will cost me way too much.

The headers will cost me almost $500-$600 to get them into Canada, then another 150-250 in labour.. too much $$ to put into a old truck.

• 1 month later...
That's exactly how mine was after the first time I did the t-belt and got it off by one tooth on the crank. It ran fine, just way low on power and getting terrible mileage.

I can't believe it you are having the same problem I have currently mechanic never could fix the problem

truck is sitting in my driveway.

did you find out what this was?