RPMs meter

Guest traillooker

Guest traillooker

My RPMs meter has gone bad. Some times it works and some times it will peg out. Has anyone had a problem like that. I'm thinking it could be a diode are transister on the board or bad conection to board. Thought anyone. (Tachometer)

Edited by traillooker

Hello, I've got a '93 and my techometer acts up on ocassion to, I've discussed it many times with my buddy who works for Nissan and he's checked all the cables and says nothing seems to be the problem but his solution was to order a new techometer for $500 and that might solve the problem.

Join the club. I also have the same going on with my 95. It starts ok than it goes up and sticks till the next motor rev and goes up again and sticks again, until the thing is all the way to the max red line and remain until I park it. I thought I was killing it the first time I looked at it :blink: but I now got us to it and I'm much more relax about it :rolleyes: lol

My cure: dont look at it :D sorry this is all I got :hide:

Hi all! I'm not sure if a '97 could have the same problem with the tach, but all you '95 & older owners may experience something like I have. My '90 Terrano ( it's an rhd pathy with a 2.7 turbo-diesel, as Canada allows 15-yr olds from overseas to be imported ) has the same sticking needle thing described by Bear claw. I took my cluster lens off to discover that years of sun & heat had warped the needle so that the tip was dragging on the guage face, leaving a light rub mark on the outer perimeter of the tach face. A temporary solution was to simply bend it back with my fingers, which worked for a short while but didn't last. I then overzealously snapped it off on the 2nd attempt, forcing me to the wreckers yard for a suitable replacement. Anyway, that's my windy story for today.

Get an aftermarket gauge like an Autometer one... cheaper than a new Nissan one

Nissan new ones are $500 CDN :hide: like hell I'll use your suggestion but I just like the clock in the bottom of it to tell time.

according to the factory service manual, the tach is controlled by a signal from the ECM, which is located behind the dash right above the gas pedal...check that there is continuity between terminal 3 and the wire going into your tach. then check that the signal varies when you turn on your car and rev. if the signal's good, your tach may be bad. try a local junkyard for pathies before going to the dealer.

Nissan new ones are $500 CDN  :hide:like hell I'll use your suggestion  but I just like the clock in the bottom of it to tell time.

Um, $94 USD from summit racing. thats considerably less than the price of the OE tach. I hope that was not directed at me. ;)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

• 1 year later...
Um, $94 USD from summit racing. thats considerably less than the price of the OE tach. I hope that was not directed at me. ;)

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

I think the way that was supposed to read was " Like hell (pause) I'll use your suggestion"

Sort of like " My suit is blackpausenot" in my best Borat voice.

Doin my best to keep the peace.