Help

Guest Greenpath

Guest Greenpath

hello fellow pathers.

im eddie from Surinam south america with a "help"question.

I own a r50 diesel automatiq

Last weeks engine check was on al the time, so got the car serviced en used some diesel treatment. Ok, engine check out, path was running super..2 days ago afther riding the whole day i stopped 4 a drink and pathy wont start, de starter is turning but engine no start. Next mrning path starts in one klik of the key...i drive for a while stop and again starter turns engine dont start, so look like the problem now is pathy doesnt start if she warm.....HELP hope my english is enof 2 let u understand what de problem of my patfhinder is....

Tx GRTX eddie

First of all, welcome aboard Eddie. Diesel R50s are something we all dream about, but never hear about! Unfortunately, I have very little experience with diesels.

I'll post a link to this thread in our Diesel Tech section so you get some exposure from some of the members with the knowledge about Diesel engines.

Your english is better than most of ours after we have a couple drinks! Man i would love to have a diesel! Well that is wierd cus diesel diesels usually run better when they are warm. There are only a few things that could be the problem. Your not getting the proper amount of fuel or air. Im not sure how the idler air valve works on a diesel pathy but maybe something is causing it to be shut too much when it is warm. Either that or a computer problem. Have you checked to see if you get any codes recently?

well if it were a petrol engine i would say its the crank angle sensor, however being diesel im not really to sure. is there a small senor with 3 or 4 small wires near the crank pulley?

any engine lights come on at all?

one idea: take the car for a drive, stop it and then have someone with a 'multimeter' put it across the rail that sits on top of the glow plugs then try and start the engine. i.e. see what voltage is across the glow plug rail when starting once warm. generally speaking if the engine is indirect injection it needs glow plugs to start. (not sure what diesel motor ever made it into a r50 but the only direct inject that i know of in nissans is the zd30, & i not exactly sure they would put that motor in a r50 pathy)

if there is full voltage across the rail it maybe something wrong with what the computer is seeing & may require diagnostics by someone with the right software.

Edited by sw

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to me wouldn't start when hot.

I found it to be a faulty starter motor, having replaced that I haven't had the same prob since ;)