Suspension bushings

chunkster

At 13 years old and 140K miles, odds are you are right, the bushings are tired. I know mine are, and it's newer and less traveled. While it does depend on how long you plan to have the vehicle, what use/conditions you put it through and what budget you have, poly bushings are better. Energy Suspension is a popular brand. I'm sure there are others, but thats one I remember and have not looked for more. If you go with poly, make sure to use the proper grease. Here is some info on that.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5245&st=20

All that said, OEM will do you good for a while, as anything is better than shot bushings... ;)

B

I purchased poly bushings for mine (same year / similar mileage), mainly because I like a tight responsive suspension. If you want a "comfortable" suspension, stick with stock or other rubber. They're not bad - look how long the originals lasted. You can get Enegy Suspension for the front, but good luck on the rear link and panhard bushings. I called ES and Daystar, niether said they had a bushing that would fit. I finnally got some from 4x4parts.com (a.k.a. Automotive Customizers) and they aren't cheap, though probably less $$ than stock as Nissan replaces the arms, not just the bushings, IIRC.

moog sells bushing for the whole truck if i remember, they use some sort of hard rubber plastic combination.

EDIT:

infact heres their list, the k#### is their part number followed by the year and how many their are needed per vehical

MOOG

Upper Control Arm Bushing/Kit

FRONT SUSP K9209 87-96 2

Lower Control Arm Bushing/Kit

FRONT SUSP K9546 87-96 2

Sway Bar Link/Kit

REAR SUSP

UPPER & LOWER K90038 87-95 2

Sway Bar Link/Kit

FRONT SUSP K9222 87-95 2

Sway Bar Frame Bushing/Kit

FRONT SUSP K9582 88-95 1