Thinking about getting an 05 frontier

Texan1983

hey everyone. well after having my Pathfinder for about a year i need more. i have been looking at toyotas and even chevys, but i looked into the new redone frontier and i think i am in love. 4.0 v6 265 HP 285 ft lbs, 6500lbs towing capacity basicly it's biult on the titan platform only smaller. i am wanting the nismo package which includes bilstine shocks small litf locking rear diff and 4wheel limited slip 6 speed manual. sounds like a pretty good deal to me and it is exacly what i am looking for in a new truck. only two problems... one no aftermarket yet, so not sure if it will have a better aftermaket off-road support or not. two it's a first year model, so it could have those first year bugs to work out. any one know how Nissan usaully does on the first year of a new car? what do you guys think? ok step up from pathy?

You can't go wrong with a Nissan, even a first year. Their warranty service has been excellent in my experience.

As for your first gripe, there is already lots of aftermarket development for the new Frontiers and Xterras. You should start seeing parts available in the coming months. :aok:

WOW, that nismo package is awsome, with that trucks engine and those parts it will be unstoppable. Go for it, Nissans are great first years, like alot of imports, but step up from a pathy? Its a whole nother world.

IMG_3034.jpg

I think I'm in love! :)

They're starting to get a few aftermarket toys for the 05's... and more to follow I am sure... as for a first year truck, our Xterra is a first year (2000), and I have heard it was the best year out there - and not just from my husband... heh!

get a titan man...you'll be very happy. little bigger than the frontier and more ball$. but if smaller is what you want, i'd get the frontier. frontier is much more nicer looking than the tacoma. the tacoma in my opinion is a huge frog. the chevy, don't even bother. i picked my titan over a ram and am very happy i did. get the frontier. oh yeah, i don't know if there are much posts in this forum but go and check out what other frontier owners have to say. www.clubfrontier.org

oh yeah, i forgot to mention this, but this guy in a titan forum was saying how comfortable the seats in the titan are. i fully agree, however he was saying that when he test drove the new 2005 frontier while his titan was getting serviced, the seats on the froniter were so much more nicer, much more comfortable. he was also saying how much power that thing had. 4.0 v-6. i believe it's the strongest pick-up in its class.

i haven't taken my titan 4wheeling yet and am not planning on to. yes i agree about not seeing too many titan out there on the trails. i've seen some pretty bad a$$ titans. lifted, just rigged up. there even is this titan that has a SAS on it. it's pretty bad. i'd take the frontier 4wheeling before taking the titan.

here's the link to the SAS'd titan.SAS Titan

thanks for the replys, yea i really liked the titan, in fact i talk everyone i can into buying one, the only problem i can not afford the 34,000ish price, when the frontier should suit my needs fine. looks like i will be buying one soon, just have to save a little more and pay off the credit card.

you can get a titan king cab well below 28000. and probably under 26000 if you get it used. it would either be the XE or SE. i wanted to get the CrewCab LE with the navi. but couldn't really afford 40,000. so i got the full loaded SE crewcab and am real happy with it. i like the material in the titan. it's kinda like a wetsuit feel to it. real warm when it's real cold out. i like the frontier it's a compact truck with BALLS.

ive been wanting a new frontier too but they are out of my range. the new tacos are nice but i dont like the interior, too car like. when i see a truck i expect truck interior and durability not a truck exterior and corrolla seats. plus some of their fit n finish isnt as good as i like on some parts.

get a titan man...you'll be very happy. little bigger than the frontier and more ball$

Bigger and more balls sounds like a personal problem... :P

While thats nice on the road, off road it just seems like liability to me. While my off road experience doesn't include competition/racing it seems like smaller, lighter, clearance/tire size and low CG gets you there... Nothing like powering through a vado with your 38" tire big rig to find the trees/road dont allow you to go farther without damage. I've scooted past stuck trucks (in the 'undesirable lane') in a baja bug just because it was so light it darn near floated. My old 720 4x4 (106 HP) slithered its way out of so many spots that were hard to get into, and gooey getting out that I dont think a Pathy could do it (some exceptions of course). If you are using HP offroad, you are probably a showboat chump; while it is fun, it doesn't get you anywhere but stuck on a real trip. I'd kill for a pathy with the 2.7TD... That being said, the new Frontier shows some promise with plenty of power (to turn big wheels) but still sensible enough to mod and use for off road. I'm not crazy about the look, but by the time my pathy is tired the frontiers should be for sale used and cheaper; I'll definitely be considering them !!

Bernard