Head Light Assemblies

gbrecke

With the typical western Washington weather, you expect any container that is not sealed and exposed to the sun to eventually fill up with water, so it is with head lights that have been hit by pebbles where that tiny hole inhales and exhales during a solar cycle and condensate turns your headlight into a half full fish bowl. 

With water in both headlights, I decided to order the bottom feeder head light assemblies off eBay, they looked useful, so I installed them and then noticed the adjusters were frozen! I removed them and noticed the quality of plastic was nowhere near the OEM effort, and the threaded screws were seized in the threaded holes, and one adjuster screw was short when it should have been long for that corner. The retaining clips on the head light itself were junk, but the main assembly looked useful,  so I used a small screwdriver to push the detent over and remove the OEM adjusters and transfer them over. I did the same with the OEM clips, and I think I might be OK.  I'm so happy that I discount my own labor because I would have otherwise paid double?  The box said Eagle Eyes brand and made in Taiwan, but I'm not sure you can believe anything anymore, as these may be counterifts of an honest effort from Taiwan?    

• Like 2

Good thing the OE clips fit! I think I've used Eagle Eyes corner lights, sorry to hear their headlights aren't as good. I've got one OE (as far as I know) Koito headlight and one aftermarket TYC on mine at the moment. The only complaint I have about the TYC is that it makes a funny little splash of light on the ground right in front of the truck, and I have no idea why. It's the second TYC I've had and the first one did it, too. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, and it works just fine, it's just kinda weird.