Gas dripping from this tube at idle

Well today I smelled a scent I thought was stopleak from my AC refrigerant. I've been smelling it for a while, since I swapped engines.

Smells like hair spray and today I recognized it as a scent I smell all the time at work in denatured ethanol. I went around my car trying to find the source and found a puddle forming at the rear driver side of the vehicle, right under the corner of the bumper. I pulled my vehicle far away and exposed the small puddle to an open flame and sure enough it is gasoline.

I think water may also come from this hole?? It smells like mildew also.. or maybe it's just me. Either way there is definitely gas coming from the tube, enough to form a puddle...

Here are pictures:

1fabda24c2ebab4426db15d611fc0dc0.jpg

4cbe33df19564a064fcb6c62d9e487b3.jpg

e90f76f62176cb7eb9e3f49d423a38e5.jpg

What system is this tube and box a part of?

I really appreciate any help.

It should also be noted that I have 4 active check engine codes:

P0325 Knock Sensor Malfunction

P0161 Ripped all the wires out of the o2 sensor

P0420 Been fighting this one since before the engine swap

P1447 EVAP system?!? Are you kidding me? I just looked at the detail of the code this very moment.. Wasn't someone else literally just dealing with this very same issue??? I will track it down as soon as I post this thread but that's neat we're dealing with the same issue so close together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, so if gas has made its way into the canister itself then it is no good? Gas was trickling out of the vent at half a tank. I pulled the vent solenoid and it is operating correctly. I'm about to pull the surge solenoid to test it right now

All the associated valves(that I know of) are operating correctly.

Honestly this is dangerous.. the location at the rear near metal that I could easily bash against a rock causing a spark and poof a fire is started..

All the associated valves(that I know of) are operating correctly.

Honestly this is dangerous.. the location at the rear near metal that I could easily bash against a rock causing a spark and poof a fire is started..

I know there's a recall for the filler tube. I didn't know this till about a year ago that it's bad when you fill your car up and keep filling it up after it clicks trying to fill your tank to the max. The charcoal canister is part of the evap system.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Mine has started to reek like fuel vapor every time I drive it. I've already had the recall done, but I believe something is going on with my evap canister as well. It's whole purpose as I understand it is to remove the fuel vapor fumes, which it is currently failing at doing. I may swap it from a wrecked one as well and see if it improves.

I'm not sure how fuel would actually be dripping out of it, but I agree 100% it is a safety concern back there(any fuel leak is...)

let us know what you find, I may be battling the same/similar issue.

I just filled my tank and right before I started filling, it hit me what might be the cause of my carbon canister filling with gasoline..

Recently, like since I swapped my engine, for some reason I've been leaving my engine running while filling up and I've also been "topping off".

Not as much topping off though really. Only a couple times.. not sure if those couple times are also the times when the smell of fumes were present..

I wonder if this is the cause..

Edited by onespiritbrain