Transmission swap cross references.

Jimi

After seeing bits and pieces of these transmission swaps on here am I to understand that any manual transmission from a 3.0 and 3.3 will bolt and plug in? Some info I've seen says the xterra 200-2004 are sought after replacements but it would be nice to have a larger scale of transmissions to chose from. Any insight on this is appreciated. Basically just need to know what years to look for like for pathfinder/xterra/frontier. I need to replace the manual in my 1993 XE pathy. I replaced the clutch and lost 2nd 4th and reverse 200 miles later. Won't even shift into those gears with the truck off. Once again any help broadening my search is appreciated.

200 miles later... damn, that sucks! Seems odd though that the gears it won't catch are all the ones you pull back for. Before you write off the trans, I'd pull the boot back and check to see if something's just blocking the shifter, or if your clutch job finished off a trans mount or something and the shifter rod is fouling against the floor.

IIRC your donor options for the MT are pretty much any first-gen Pathfinder or Hardbody with the VG30 or any of the Nissan trucks with the 3.3 (early R50, Xterra, Frontier). The later manuals (post '95) had the fill hole moved up a little so you don't have to pull the shifter to fill them up properly, for what that's worth.

• Like 1

Thanks for assuring my thoughts. yeah I'm going to tear into it a bit. might have broke something in that pivot puck thing on the shifter itself. Got a couple other things to mess with to before I decide to swap it again. Doing a bypass on the hydraulic clutch. Removing everything Air conditioning and a 3inch body lift. really think the lift will make tranny jobs easier. Once again thanks for the info.

Thanks for assuring my thoughts. yeah I'm going to tear into it a bit. might have broke something in that pivot puck thing on the shifter itself. Got a couple other things to mess with to before I decide to swap it again. Doing a bypass on the hydraulic clutch. Removing everything Air conditioning and a 3inch body lift. really think the lift will make tranny jobs easier. Once again thanks for the info.

So going to a mechanical clutch?