Liberty front spring for front lift?

shoesandsocks

So i was helping a freind with his jeep liberty and we were installing his ome springs to my surprise he was using ome 928 springs for the front he said that ome recomends using the 927 but alot of guys run the 928 because they give a lil extra lift and these are the same springs that are for the ome hd springs for the .5 lift (supossed but most people get more) for the r50 so wondering if there are more options for the front cause everything i see says the liberty front springs should fit our front struts maybe theres a less expensive alternative out there.

I wont be trying this because i already have ironman lift springs for the front but i just wanted to throw the idea incase we have someone willing to try i might do it later as i will so have two r50s in my possesion. just a refrence check arb part catalouge.

http://www.rocky-road.com/liberty.pdf

http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinder.pdf

If we end up having the same coil size as the KJ (1st Gen Liberty), then according to the coil info for the ironman coils for the KJ we also fit the KK (2nd Gen Liberty) and KA....what the heck is the KA?

"Front Strut Springs fit KJ, KK & KA with 3.7 L Gas engine, 0-50kg Additional Weight, for 1.50" lift."

http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Ironman_Front_Coil_Springs-805.aspx

KA=dodge nitro

and i know u were trying to get the ironman springs from sierra expeditions according to them i got the last set that are gona be imorted for a while so if those work that would be awesome

Edited by shoesandsocks

and i know u were trying to get the ironman springs from sierra expeditions according to them i got the last set that are gona be imorted for a while so if those work that would be awesome

Darn you. Haha, well do you already have them or are they still headed your way?

So i was helping a freind with his jeep liberty and we were installing his ome springs to my surprise he was using ome 928 springs for the front he said that ome recomends using the 927 but alot of guys run the 928 because they give a lil extra lift and these are the same springs that are for the ome hd springs for the .5 lift (supossed but most people get more) for the r50 so wondering if there are more options for the front cause everything i see says the liberty front springs should fit our front struts maybe theres a less expensive alternative out there.\\\

didn't think there was too many other people out there with the ironman lift, how did you decide on that? It seems I have got more than the OME, and less than the AC with my ironman 35mm lift.

So i was helping a freind with his jeep liberty and we were installing his ome springs to my surprise he was using ome 928 springs for the front he said that ome recomends using the 927 but alot of guys run the 928 because they give a lil extra lift

Can you ask your buddy where he heard about that? I've been digging into a bunch of liberty forums for more info and coming up dry.. I just want to find at least one piece of evidence before I give it a try.

i decided on them cause im a broke ass. lol

haha, good answer, me too. I got em because they were about half as much as ac or OME, and my back ones were shot, so all four of these were about the same as two rears!

I like to call myself cheap... sounds better than broke.. ;)

haha, good answer, me too. I got em because they were about half as much as ac or OME, and my back ones were shot, so all four of these were about the same as two rears!

I like to call myself cheap... sounds better than broke.. ;)

I prefer the term "Thrifty" :D

Can you ask your buddy where he heard about that? I've been digging into a bunch of liberty forums for more info and coming up dry.. I just want to find at least one piece of evidence before I give it a try.

x2!

Very interested if KJ springs work because that opens up a myriad of options! And most likely cheaper. I'd imagine someone just needs to measure and determine spring rates? Any more info is very much appreciated

x2!

Very interested if KJ springs work because that opens up a myriad of options! And most likely cheaper. I'd imagine someone just needs to measure and determine spring rates? Any more info is very much appreciated

Ditto...

i hear ya just looking at this thread this guy seemed to use them without any problems to the fit and install didn't like the ride though but the did fit. im asking where he found the post to use them on his liberty.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=49358

Edited by shoesandsocks

I'm a former Liberty CRD (diesel) owner, and was very active on that forum. OME lifts for the Liberties are kinda the standard, I chose however to do a lift by JBA. (Jeepin' By Al) Here's my install thread for my Liberty: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53361&hilit=epic

Just from looking, the major difference I see is the front strut assembly. Sure, you could use the OME 948's in the back if they're a direct fit, but the front strut assemblies and coils wouldn't cross over. The Liberty has a clevis setup (a lot of KJ'ers use big washers where the clevis attaches to the strut when the springs start to sag) and, well, frankly, I can't quite categorize the R50's setup. A company out of Big Bear, CA, manufactured a full lift setup for the Liberty with OME components called a Frankenlift. http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm

Yes; the block of the CRD sits lower in the subframe, so the pumpkin of the front axle assembly is pushed out more toward the driver's side wheel. That makes the driver's side half-shaft shorter than the passenger-side, thus you can't go as high without serious modification because of the severity of the CV angle. The diesel engine also weighs more, so OME heavy-duty is the standard for the front assembly on a CRD, where medium-duty is the standard for a gasser and heavy-duty would get used if you have a winch bumper.

Seriously, I know way more about the KJ than I do about my Pathfinder. . . .

Seriously, I know way more about the KJ than I do about my Pathfinder. . . .

I'm glad you converted to the Pathfinder so we can steal your knowledge! Are JBA and OME pretty much the only options out there for the KJ? Or are there oddball offshoots of other companies that do a suspension lift for them?

Some people were running Rancho or SkyJacker lifts, and several of the more adventurous assembled their own kits to their preference, but I didn't have the experience for that. I limited myself to the pre-assembled, packaged lifts. Apart from my JBA lift, a kit that had OME was the standard for lifted KJ's. Some used Rancho strut assemblies with OME springs, some used full OME setups, but OME springs were the status quo for lifted KJ's.