Brake rotors and pads

HitMan

So I went to Nissan finally to do the strut tower recall and Nissan of course found 20 other things that they wanted me to throw money at them to replace. I knew I needed new brake pads, but apparently they also said my rotors are so warn that they can't even resurface them. So, instead of paying them over $500 to do it, I thought I would do it myself. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some excellent rotors and pads they would recommend to use. I was just looking at Autozone and advance auto for pads and rotors. I'm not too familiar with which parts people have used before and would suggest?

Edited by HitMan

I purchased Duralast rotors and their Gold pads. Did not like the pads at all. The rotors are pretty much the same as any cheap rotor you'll get at any of those stores.

Try Rockauto.com like adamzan mentioned, and look at the Centric brand rotors.

Go for a set of those and some Akebono pads. Better yet, get actual Nissan parts from courtesyparts.com.

Be prepared to grease your wheel bearings while you're changing your rotors as well. So pick up a few cans of brake cleaner, a tub of bearing grease, some latex gloves and a pair of snap-ring pliers. :)