Bumper and Tire carrier

DanAK

Well here it is! Works well, no rattles so far, a bit heavy but what can you do. I am thinking of switching out my AC lift springs and adapting some Patrol springs in there to take the extra weight.

005Small.jpg

001Small.jpg

Add a hitch receiver and I'd buy that design. Very nice.

Does the jerry can sit a bit high for departure angle. Just curious about the design, again, think it looks really cool.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I wish it had been made by my own two hands so I take more credit.

That looks way slick man! How much did that run you?

Thanks, it cost me around $1300 US, and now that I just calculated that out I am even more sad that I didn't make it with my own two hands. :headwall:

Add a hitch receiver and I'd buy that design. Very nice.

Does the jerry can sit a bit high for departure angle. Just curious about the design, again, think it looks really cool.

I think I understand you question, and yes that jerry can could be a bit lower but it is fine where it is. The tire pretty much destroys the rear view anyway.

This bumper design could easily be built with a hitch but I never use one and the fabricator got lazy :deadhorse: If I decide I need one in the future I will add one.

Clean and effective looking design. I personally agree with the reciver hitch remark though since I actually use mine. If you don't use it though and since I see some tabs for rings on there, not a major loss :aok:

That looks pro man! Nice!

Would you be willing to post the build specs ie dimensions/cuts/angles of individual bumper sheets so that some of us could try fabricating this up ourselves? It would save some major leg work if possible. Cheers!

I would love to but there are no measurements, it was all just thrown together. I will take some more pictures in a few days so that people can get a better look at how it was made.

Sick bumper... not big on how the gas can holder looks on it, but overall I think this is the best tire carrier/bumper I've seen yet.

Really? I love the look! Doubt I'd keep fuel in it though unless I was hitting the trail or going on a long trip.

Sick bumper... not big on how the gas can holder looks on it, but overall I think this is the best tire carrier/bumper I've seen yet.

Thanks

I am happy with the way it turned out but the shop moved faster than they said they would and did it without a design from me. I tried to have them do more of a bent tubing style but they only had the equipment to bent larger tubing than I wanted :shrug: .

Really? I love the look! Doubt I'd keep fuel in it though unless I was hitting the trail or going on a long trip.

I agree with you but I do keep the can there almost empty because it looks dumb if its not there :D . The holder is bolted on so it is interchangeable so I can change it to a double can holder or whatever I want to put there. When I get the chance I think I will make a tool box to replace the jerry can holder so that I can put my recovery equipment back there.