95 Pathfinder, tach is acting up

Guest btljus

So I have a 95 Pathfinder, automaitic if that might make a difference. Every now and than the RPM gage stops working, it's like it's loosing the signal from the coil or the computer...the truck still runs the same and has no affect on the driveability...just gets annoying + i've only had the truck a few months so I'd like everything to work well. The truck has 130,000 Kms so roughly 80,000 miles. Anyone know what this might be or had the same thing happen?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hey ive done the search and all but i cant find the answer to my problem. i have a 95 pathy w/ auto trans. and my tach is goin crazy. It doesnt just cut out and in it jerks sparatically. Like ill be runnin normal speed and it will be jumpin from 2,000-6,000, and i know my engine speed is not 6,000 rpm's-so i dont know if the gauge is goin out or what but any help would be appreciated.

Mine did this for the first time yesterday... It was jumping around from 0 to Redline, no matter what the actual RPM was.

Funnily enough, the next time I started the truck it was fine. Then a little while later it started again.

Today it was fine. I'm thinking it's a bad wire, and prefer NOT to think it's the tach itself! ;)

I'll post as soon as I fix it.

Cheers!

Gary