Fuel Leak

Spooled

Hey guys - I've started smelling raw fuel when I turn my heater on. I checked under the hood, and it definitely smells stronger from the driver's side. I've inspected the fuel lines on the passenger side, as well as the injector seals, and the rubber hose at the front of the fuel rail, and they all look good. However, I notice there is one rubber fuel hose on the back of the motor that I can't see well enough, and I'm unable to really inspect the injector seals on the driver's side, since the intake plenum covers it. Is there an area on VG30E WD's that is more prone to leaking? I'm probably going to be taking the plenum off anyway, as I have new lifters to go in both heads to get rid of my awful tick. (already replaced broken manifold studs and installed Thorleys) But I wasn't quite ready to do that, and won't be driving my Pathy until I get the fuel leak taken care of. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

Hey guys - I've started smelling raw fuel when I turn my heater on. I checked under the hood, and it definitely smells stronger from the driver's side. I've inspected the fuel lines on the passenger side, as well as the injector seals, and the rubber hose at the front of the fuel rail, and they all look good. However, I notice there is one rubber fuel hose on the back of the motor that I can't see well enough, and I'm unable to really inspect the injector seals on the driver's side, since the intake plenum covers it. Is there an area on VG30E WD's that is more prone to leaking? I'm probably going to be taking the plenum off anyway, as I have new lifters to go in both heads to get rid of my awful tick. (already replaced broken manifold studs and installed Thorleys) But I wasn't quite ready to do that, and won't be driving my Pathy until I get the fuel leak taken care of. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!

It seems to usually be the rubber connection hose that fits between the two metal fuel rails at the front of the engine, little to the left and behind the dist cap cover. My clamps were loose on both sides, causing fuel smell every morning in the cab. Snugged 'em up and it's now fine.

A coworker had the same deal on his hardbody.

Hope this helps.

a visual check will work if you look just after you start the engine. If leaking, the raw fuel that leaked wouldn't have time to evap off yet. Hose will be wet with gas. Easier to see if you have a dirty engine.