match original tube step rail

datson

Does anyone know if any of the available side step rails are a good match for the originals that are rotting off my 91se4x4? Mounting points matched and all. Everything I've found looks to mount at ends and use flimsy looking shackles and bolts around frame. Thanks

I put Westin's on my '91 when my OEM stuff got too hard on the eyes. They do have a different mounting setup than the stockers but I've had no trouble with them. I only wish the rear end of the rear step was flat like the stockers, instead of the round tube on the Westin's at that point. I like to use my rails to wash and dry the top of truck and with the round tube there it can be a little slippery. At the time I couldn't beat the price. I think they were around $200.

welll, if you want, i have some stock ones that are perfect...maybe a few scratches on the underside, but otherwise you could throw a coat of paint on them and be done. absolutely no rust on them at all....i dunno where you are located, but they would prob be a lot to ship....but im willing to work with you....