Yo 98silverpathy

dernt

So...would anybody think I was stupid for powder coating these NISMO's??? They are bronze-bronze!

The path when back from vacation is going back to the shop (a shop), somone had mentioned that no one else had these problems with JWT cams and now I know why. The first mechanic did not shim the cam towers properly and now since the lobes on the cams are larger it (when the engine is hot) smashes the lifters down, but they cannot bounce back due to lack of oil pressure---there is no lash in my valves right now--that's the mechanic english of it anyway. So the lifters will get shimmed and the valves readjusted and tested for compression and the diesel noise as well as the strange power band will dissappear as well as the p300 code...the new mech states that since the valves elongate when hot it is essentially never closing completly and losing compression as well as screwing up the A/F mixture this = the 1st mech is an ass and has no clue what the hell is was doing and luckily since I got the A/F meter and a SAFC I have kept myself from putting holes in valves!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep us updated on the engine progress. If I had those rims, and didn't like the color, I would get them powdercoated. But, it might make more sense for you to sell those and buy something you prefer better.

How does powdercoating hold up to brake dust? I see a lot of aftermarket rim manufacturers actually paint and clear coat their rims.....Just my 2 cents....

I'm glad you found a good mechanic....i had a good one many years ago, but he had some personal issues and dissapeared on me, i've been looking for a new mechanic for 8 years now and i still can't find one i trust.....There are two good ones a my local stealership, but the hourly rates are insane ($80/Hr). I guess that's the going rate.....

Good luck with the cam issues...i hope no serious damage has happened...