01 pathy - check engine

Guest spamman

Guest spamman

Hello. I have been posting about my exhaust issue in another thread and I appreciate everyone's help. My pathy has thrown a code apparently and I have the check engine light. Could it be because i am missing a good portion of catback right now? I would not imagine so but am asking.

My question is really, How can I view the code it is throwing? On my 97 Max, I can access that by the little screw on the CPU and watching the code being flashed on my check engine light. That code can be looked up online and tell you what it is. Anything like that for the 01 pathy?

PS. It still has a powertrain warranty. Do you think that includes the troubleshooting of a check engine light?

My question is really, How can I view the code it is throwing?

Head to your nearest Auto Zone/Advance Auto Parts. They'll connect an OBD and give you the code reading.

My guess as to why it's on is probably something to do w/ an o2 sensor, if your missing most of your exhaust.

PS. It still has a powertrain warranty. Do you think that includes the troubleshooting of a check engine light

No, I doubt it. I wouldn't head to your nearest dealer, they're likely to slap you with that insane $80.00 "diagnostic" charge. An Auto Parts store is your best bet. They'll give you a reading and not charge you.

Edited by navygz19

My question is really, How can I view the code it is throwing? On my 97 Max, I can access that by the little screw on the CPU and watching the code being flashed on my check engine light. That code can be looked up online and tell you what it is. Anything like that for the 01 pathy?

Pathfinders had that option through the 2000 year, 2001 no more diagnostic screw.

Guest spamman

crap. That screw on the max is awesome. I troubleshoot all the time with that.

OK, another question then. I am getting the catback installed tomorrow. Can I clear all codes by disconnecting the battery for 5min? Or is it written to a memory where you need the diagnostic tool to clear it? I want to see if it goes away with the catback installed and do not think it will clear itself even when the problem is fixed. Thoughts?