What are boxes under driver/passenger front seats?

Guest madmax

Guest madmax

Hey guys,

I'm working on installing a new stereo in the '93 pathy and was planning on putting an amp under one of the front seats. I figured the ECU would be under one of them leaving the other empty. Yesterday, I started taking off the paneling in the car, then went to look under the seats..... lo and behold, there was a mysterious black box under each of the front seats. Can you guys tell me what they are? I'll assume one is the ECU? Is the other an amp for the front speakers, or the A/T control? :confused:

Thanks for the help.

:bow:

Guest madmax

When I bought this thing, I knew that it had an old autopage alarm, but I didn't know it was factory installed. Thanks..... at least now I know what that box is under there. Question now is, where will I put my amp? I wanted to keep it concealed and under the seat seemed like the best place. The thing is a 660W amp so it's pretty beefy (17.5 x 2.5 x 9.5.) :crazy:

Screwed to the back of one of the rear seats works for a lot of people, you just have to run a lot of wiring. You can get a piece of fabric or carpet to cover it up with if nothing else. I've even seen one guy use a pair of women's nylons to wrap around his amp to conceal it. He used the closest color to his carpet and seats that he could find and it looked OK.