Problem #163........

Dowser

So I've been Driving the Pig that I cant Safety or Insure lately as I absolutely loathe the new pathy I bought from Edmonton. Not only does it have Defensemen Linebacker Fist size Holes in the rear Rocker/Quarter Panels, but as you may have read elsewhere on the forums, it also technically has no 5th gear as I'm too afraid to use it due to the High Pitch Whine I get when putting it in that gear. Putting all that Aside,

I'm now having a bit of trouble with Ol Reliable. In the last week or so, I started having trouble with torque in 5th gear. I would shift it into gear, step on the gas, and I would be able to maintain my speed, but my RPM's would rocket up. After a few minutes or so it would magically slip itself into position and then things would go back to normal. step on the gas, accelerate. Now....

Happens in every gear. From first to second, I shift, I get very minimul acceleration, and my RPM gauge will shoot up like I have it in Neutral, but I know Im not cause Im slowly picking up speed. Same from 2nd-3rd, 3rd-4th and so on. Also, Did a bit of testing when this was occuring and Yup, I can smell something a Burning when I rev those RPM's up and leave them at the 4k mark for a few seconds. I thought perhaps it had something to do with my LSD clutch or something sticking but now Im thinking its Clutch or Transmission related....

If i could just catch a break ya know. The Old pig was in bad enough shape as it was with the steering still a fuggered, the alignment completely off, the O2 sensor still not replaced as I havent had the cash to do a Cat and Muffler purchase, The 4WD is basically shot as everyt ime i use it i hear a lot of Banging and Booming coming from the front Diff that I can feel through the floor. And of course that real REAL loud terrible sound I get from the UCA area.... now this... I know what your thinking, Perhaps the fact that I drive it like taht without maintaining it iin the first place could have lead to my current situation, and I say to you good Sirs and Madams....

QUIET DOWN!!! I know I know... Just tell me what's wrong with it this time... Sheesh. :furious:

Dowser..... :oops: