Need to take Pathy Off-Road

rmd0311

Well,

I have officially had the Pathy for roughly 5 months. The only dirt it has seen its a gravel road made for ATV's. Went about a mile in and turned around.

I live in the Town of Poughkeepsie in upstate NY and really need to bust my Pathy's cherry. I busted mine in the Military with the Fox and the Humvee (the real thing).

Fox Pic

fox1.jpg

So basically what I'm asking is., How do I go about busting my pathy's cherry, its thirsting for dirt. But I have no idea where to go... How to start...

well me being in the urban jungle I look for construction sites to get my mud fix when I need it just take what your area offers and run with it. Start with simple find out what your truck can do and work your way up from there heres a pict of one I found one day weekends work best cause they aare empty

post-1-1149175635.jpg

Im in the same Boat as you RMD, pathy has never seen dirt.

That's because you are in Brooklyn, no? You can definitely pretend though. :D

they have trips pretty frequently on the Island.

I wish, Island is too far for me. I think it's like 70 miles. The UNYX though looks cool. I just joined up and introduced myself. Looking through trail pics and stuff. Saw your truck there and its progression from the day you bought it. Nice.

Thanks for the tip and I will look forward to hopefully learn the ropes and wheel with them.

Shall I rephrase that then... PA is nothing at 70 miles.

LI I have to drive through the city to get to. The thought of that alone, makes that 70 miles seem like 150. Count in the LIE is forever in a JAM, add another hour. So, while it would take me 70 minutes to drive 70 miles to PA. Driving to Long Island, only 70 miles away would take me anywhere from 3+ hours an up.

Frustration is what I would get from goint to the island... LOL..

I would drive more than 70 though and would gladly drive to PA. I almost bought a house in PA once. In the Poconos to be exact.

Thanks for the info man... This will be the Summer of the busted cherry.

Edited by rmd0311

Yeah it is short notice... Both parks are 150+ miles away. I can still get there sooner than I can LI though. LOL....

They both have noob tours... Has anyone gone on something like that, it's like a guided thing.

Paragon has Monthly Rides the first weekend of every month where you can tool around with a trail guide who knows the park very well, and knows all about 4-wheeling.

I don't recommend doing this because they are very slow and always extremely crowded in the summer.

RC doesn't really have any sort of formal guided rides, however, you can hire a trail guide for the day.

Now....here's where it gets interesting. I'm planning a run at RC for the weekend after Thanksgiving (yes, that is a long ways out). I know the park very well. Get some good all-terrain tires and some armor on your truck and I'll show you what she's really capable of. ;)

If wifey gets a job Venge, I am there. I have to control my expenses while she is unemployed. But after that, all is game. Tires and Armor... Still really debating the lift. But Tires and Armor are a sure thing.

She should find something for this next school year. (She's a teacher)