Front Differential

giancarlo93

Yesterday I went to the junkyard and they had 89 pathfinder and they already took the engine off but the 5 speed transmision is complete and the front differential assembly with breaks is in perfect condition.

What would be a good price?

The pathfinders here in my country came with 180 front differential and 200 rear differential.

I am thinking to buy it for spare parts.

I'd grab it provided the gear ratios are the same. As you pointed out they're the smaller diffs than what we have up here in the north. I already have two buddies with grenaded R200 diffs here so another R180 backup may be a good call.

Thanks.

I will check tomorrow how much they want for the parts, maybe i'll take the transmition and the gears of the differential.

If i wanna put lockers (ARB), where is better? in the back or the front?

Edited by giancarlo93

G, I have ARB in front and back and they work well. When the fronts are engaged the steering becomes VERY stiff; this is why you see so many posts about front lockers risking steering component breakage. At this point I only use them for very limited periods and when driving in a straight line , so I don't stress the steering components. Having front and back lockers is great but if you are going to choose one then I would definitely get the rear done. Good Luck --glenn

• 1 month later...

Today I order my ARB air lockers but ARB only makes them for lockers for my pathfinder (terrano) for the back, my differential is a R200.

I ask the dealer for the front one, and they dont have it for my differential, R180, so I dont know what to do...put LSD? who sells that?

Change the front differential?

What model?

I dont wanna change the back.

Thanks in advance.