Help! Battery, Brake, and A/T oil temp lights on?

SnoViking

Hello everyone.... I went out and started the Pathfinder this morning and the battery, brake and A/T oil temp lights came on.... and stayed on. This has never happened before and the battery is brand new (with 12.8 strong volts) the brake fluid is at the right level, and the transmission fluid is at the right level. Im confused. The car was fine one day and now 3 lights are on, but it still runs fine, sounds fine, and feels fine? Could this be a circut problem because of the weather? Would the computer under the seat tell me anything? and if so, I would need a review on reading that thing. If anyone can help me it would be great. thanks again guys.

Pat

I had the same thing happen after a 4wheeling trip once. The problem was that my alternator got full of muddied water. I pressure washed it and let it dry, the next day it worked like a charm.

Although you might not have gone wheeeling you might have a bad alternator, alternator ground, loose belt. Check your voltage at your battery with the vehicle running and with it not running. Your voltage should be higher with your vehicle running. If not your alternator is not charging right.

Also you said you had 12.8 volts, if that's with the rig running it still seems a little low. you should be getting close to 14 volts with the motor running. Although you shouldn't see freaky guauge response till the voltage drops bellow 10 volts, it's still possible that due to an alternator not charging right it could give you problems.

good luck and let us know how you make out.

Denis

Alternator's shot. Have it tested immediately at an auto parts store before you go on any trips.

The lights all come on when the alternator goes on you, I know because I'm on my fourth one as we speak. Dang 1000W subwoofer amp, etc. :)

Guest Drakar

I have just recently had the same problem. Do you still have power steering? I also lost power steering in my Pathy. The problem that I had was the vibration dampner bolt came loose. Check to see if the belts and crankshaft pulley is loose.

Drakar.

Alternator's shot. Have it tested immediately at an auto parts store before you go on any trips.

The lights all come on when the alternator goes on you, I know because I'm on my fourth one as we speak. Dang 1000W subwoofer amp, etc. :)

ive got a 5 farad alumapro cap that took care of that problem for me if you want it ... just make an offer if your interested ...

I still carry a spare alternator with me lol ... luckily the new eXcelon amps I have carry their own cap's built in ... kinda cool ...