Remington Tires

Airborne82

Um...that's a tire distribution center.  They supply places like Big John's Tire Shack with their tires.  They don't make tires, or sell tires to the public.

There are actually tires on trucks with the Remington name, or at least I have seen them in the Southeast a good bit.

My uncle is in the tire biz as an executive for Yokohama. He said that there are only a few companies, e.g. GM owns Buick, Chevy, Saturn, etc. instead of them being independently owned. For example, the "National" brand tires on my rig are actually made by Yokohama. Michelin makes the Liberatior for Wal-Mart.

To answer the original question, I have no experience with their tires. I have seen them as an inexpensive light truck tire. Friends have had great experiences with Kelly tires, another inexpensive tire you should try out.

Edited by OR99.5Speed

i think michelin makes kelly tires. i had a set of those once. they didnt wear very evenly for me.

can you get us discounts on yokos? i want to get some geolander at plus 2's...

I should have been more clear, my uncle USED to work for Bridgestone, then Michelin, then Yokohama. Now he is with a budget tire maker, and concertrates on China operations.

When I last saw him and told him I needed new tires, it killed us because he left Yokohama 3 weeks before! I could have gotten free Geolandars! :o

Tecciball, if I don't sell the car I'm getting either Destination A/Ts, Geolandar AT IIs or H/TS's. I don't offroad so...

I dont off road at all either, but I do drive on some back country roads and on highway construction sites occasionally for work. And my wife's family has a cabin that is a bit off the beaten path, but that doesnt require much really to get to. My need is mostly based on my winter needs (Pittsburgh). My current tires are definitely highway tred. The VQ power spins them with just a tap on the gas in the wet or snow, so I will get some AT style. I am planning on the Geolanders because they have the REVO-esque tred pattern, at a friendlier price!

If you're only looking for increased winter performance, and your current tires fill your needs in everything but snow, why not look into getting a second set of cheapo steel rims and some snow tires like the Blizzaks? I know they make the Blizzaks in LT sizes.

This might cost a little more up front, but there's the peace-of-mind thing that goes along with it.

Also, I had the BFG A/Ts on my Pathy, and even in the Rochester Winters, they chugged right along through the snow. I actually had to work hard on them to get the truck to do donuts. :D With my M/Ts, it'll pull through the deep stuff with ease, and it's very very very stable in the shallow stuff in 4WD, but in 2WD, on the wet slick stuff, it's downright scary.

I have two kids with toys galore, and I wife who buys junk at 'craft shows' and flea markets. So I have no room at my house for an extra set of tires. -thnkboutit-

I will just wait until they wear out and get some ATs. I am still trying to build up the confidence to get the 265/70s for my stock suspension and rims. I have heard conflicting opinions about rubbing the stut tower and plastic wheel well liner, so I might go with the slightly smaller 255/70. Either Revos or Geolanders.

As for my current tires in 2WD in the slippy stuff, I have gotten sideways many a time. Maybe I can sell the ones I have...

Tecci,

265/70/16s will not fit with a stock suspension. Those are a 31.8x11" tire - or roughly about the size of most 32x11.50s (only a little narrower).

However, 265/70/15 is a stock tire size for the SE Pathfinders with 15x7" rims. Those are a 30.8x10.3" tire - or roughly, a 31x10.50.

Now, a 265/75/16 is approximately a 33x11" tire. That won't come close to fitting with a stock suspension or with stock wheels.

there is an 01 LE by my work that has 265/70/16 on what appears to be a stock suspension. the wheel wells are very full! it looks sweet! i guess i should try to get in touch with him for his/her first hand experience.

i will probably just get 255/70 on my stock SE rims. but not until fall/winter comes.