Idle Control Pulley

Guest socal-guy

Guest socal-guy

Anone know the part number of the bearing for the idle control pulley. My car is a 94 V6 Pathfinder. The pulley is making a high pitch grinding noise (not badly just enough to hear it and want to change it. Napa told me that it is only the bearing I need to replace, a part they did not have.

I'd suggest going someplace other than NAPA. Are you referring to the idler pulley for the fan belt? Is it a v-belt or a serpentine ribbed belt? I find listings for idler pulley bearings on PartsAmerica.com for my '88, but not for your '94. Apparently there are 3 different pulley bearing sizes to choose from...try calling the dealer and asking about the bearing. It's a $15 part from PartsAmerica....

Guest socal-guy

I went to another auto shop which carries thousands of parts in LA...I was adviced to take off the pulley and bring it to them so they can match the bearing size. I will take your advice and go to the dealer....what is a serpentine belt look like? I think a V belt goes narrower at the bottom where it touches pulley correct? sorry (amateur....)

The whole pulley from Nissan is only $35. I checked various parts stores for the bearing when I needed a new one on my 94 and nobody sold the bearing. After finding the entire pulley at the dealership for $35 I decided that was a cheap enough fix for me. And I didn't have to deal with pulling bearings or reseating a new one.

Maybe it was only $35. I bought a couple things that day, one of the parts was $15 and the other $35, so I could be wrong. Either way I wouldn't consider that to be too expensive to make me want to hunt for the correct bearing.

Hey, I know how to do it and it wont cost you anything. Take the whole thing off. Leave it off, if your ac doesnt work, like mine I just removed the idler pulley and bracket and the ac compressor/condensor and lines. Alot more room to to work with especailly seeing I have to pull the driverside exhaust manifold off to fix the 1 broken stud.