Pulling to the right when Braking

95Finder

What's up, I just replaced my Steering Gear Box because it was leaking fluid...now when I press on the brakes I can feel the truck pull to the right...do I need to get an aligment after I change the gearbox out? Why would it only pull to the right under braking? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jason

well, all I can sayis that an alignment problem can definitely cause this. Not to say it's the only thing, but it's the first place to start , and probably the cheapest fix if it does it. Also, the only place I was ever able to get a good alignment was at a Nissan dealer, even thoiugh I tried MANY other places first --just something to think about. Good Luck ---glenn

Why would it only pull to the right under braking? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jason

Left hand brake caliper stuck open.

Check the brakes all the way around ;)

Left hand brake caliper stuck open.

Check the brakes all the way around ;)

It was fine yesterday, today after I changed the gear box out it started doing it, I think it might be because I didn't line up the splines as well as I should of and the steering wheel is actually turned a bit to the right when the wheels are straight. I guess I will pull the steering gear out again and line up the splines so the wheel is straight when the wheels are straight. Thanks for your suggestions.