trailer wiring help

Spolar93

yep, bent it straight, cut the shifter, added 2" then tig welded the 3 pieces back together. fits perfectly, almost back to stock size/throw. i have another one that i will be modding and putting up for sale that came with my replacement tcase i had bought.

thanks for the info, hopefully i'll be able to post some pictures up of the bumper and stuff tomorrow.

I went to my local trailer store (Allied trailer in Sacramento) and paid $25 for the wiring harness adapter specific to my '91. It connects right up to the harness in the Driver's side compartment at the tailgate. I did this because the harness requires some electronic thingamabob (Really, I have a Bachelor's degree in aircraft electronics; cum laude even, this is an industry term) to convert the signal to the standard 4-wire trailer config.

If you end up with problems or no time to do it, check around for a shop. I had my hitch installed at a local place (Tork Lift in Kent, WA) and they charged something like $30-40 to do the wiring, wire/plug/labor included. Good enough for me not to monkey with it.

I did this because the harness requires some electronic thingamabob (Really, I have a Bachelor's degree in aircraft electronics; cum laude even, this is an industry term) to convert the signal to the standard 4-wire trailer config.

You electronics guys are all alike with your sloppy slang.

The proper technical term is "doo-hickey".

Quit "dumbing" down the techno-jargon around here, K?