Brakes

MAybe someone can help me out here. I have a 97 LE 4x4. I noticed that when I am at a stand still I can depress the brake pedal all the way to the floor. I dont know if thats normal. Also I noticed that if I go about 30-50 miles and slam on the brakes the truck comes to a stop but the tires never lock. Not even a little bit. I know I have ABS but I always thought they would lock a little and make that weird noise. I cant recal if its always been like that. I beeded the system completly today and same thing. My ABS or breake light are not on. Any ides? Is this normal? I replaced the front bake pads about 4000 miles ago and adjusted the rear.

HELP!!!! :gossip:

hmm that's definitely not normal. sounds like there's still air in the lines. hehe i had the same symptoms after changing the brakes and bleeding the lines...2nd time bleeding and it worked =P

Whats the LSV?

How would air get in there in the first place? Any way of checking the brakes via stopping distance? The pedal is not realy soft its just when I depress it it will go slowly to the floor but it does take effort.

The LSV is the load sensing valve, it's a brake proportioning valve that increases brake pressure to the rear end as the rear end drops under weight. You'll see it attached to the rear diff. Nissan steps for bleeding call for LSV, left rear, right rear, left front, right front.

pretty sure my master is fine...hers what happened:

i had a frozen caliper, then it started working again (dont ask me how). brake pad fell out once it froze again. got new calipers off an 04 (with like 10k on them). put them on, put new pads on bleed a couiple times.

Well today everything seemed fine. Took the pathy out at about 50, hit the brakes and tje brakes mometeraly locked

(as they do with ABS). Guys tell me if this is normal. At a light or standing still you push on the brake pedal. With a little effort the pedal bottoms out. Is that normal? I drove my friends blazer and it did the same thing.