cruise control

gypsy soul

Mine has been intermittent as of late. I believe my problem is the set button on the steering wheel. The contact might be a little corroded. I turn on CC with the dashboard switch. Light comes on. At highway speeds I depress the Set button on the steering wheel and the indicator in the dash next to the speedometer does not light up. After pressing hard a few times, it connects and CC is set. The Cancel and Resume/Accelerate works fine. I'll have to find some contact cleaner and try it on that set button.

I have the exact same problem as Jayluvsbe. I took the switch off the steering whell, took it apart and cleaned it up. It wasnt dirty at all. But I still have to press hard to get cruise to set. The cancel and resume buttons work fine. Let me know if you figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...
that i understand, that's why I ask for the best way to daignose it.

cc turns on, just will not set, when depressing the button on the light switch

if it comes on (ie - the light comes on) but it doesn't set than connection under the hood has issues ...

as far as I now there is no way to diagnose that man ... you just have to check it all ...

even a cracked vacumm line can cause problems there ...

its on the passenger side firewall and has a cable coming from it that connect directly to your throttle where the cable to your gas peddle connects ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jkxmlr

Does your horn work? Had same problem, light at switch came on, but nothing on steering wheel functioned. Did the taking switch apart and cleaning thing, no help. After replacing fuse, everything works great.

Guest Sam

My horn doesn't work, but the cruise control does. It's not terribly accurate anymore... it wavers around a range of 10kph or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... I'm a bit at a loss here... I have a'92 pathy and can't recall seeing a cruise control switch or light... is there one ? I also have a couple switches on the centre console and have no idea what they're for... someone told me it's s'posed to be seat-warmer switches... :wacko: