Help please

Guest sandiT

Guest sandiT

I have a 1995 Pathfinder XE...have only had it for 2 months and just noticed a feature that i'm not sure of. Next to the cruise control button on the left of dash under the a/c vent is a buttton with the letters..E-AT...not sure of it's purpose. Can some one please tell me what it's function is? Since I bought it with out an owners manual i have no idea what it's for.

Sandi

Guest tram_bethea

I don't know a good technical definition for it but I think it locks the transmission into a gear so it can't change and it gives it more power. Mine comes on automatically if I have to accelerate fast. Sorry I don't know more.

Guest Daddy

Set in the E/AT mode the tranny shifts at lower RPMs and in the Power mode it shifts the tranny at higher rpms.. Giving you more power.

That button simply switches the transmission's shift points in the transmission computer. If it's set to "power", it downshifts faster when you step on the gas, holds it in gear longer, and generally performs more aggressively. When power mode is off, it will shift normally, which is a bit slower and less aggressive.