where to place a spirit level

Derrik

Hi all,

My pathy is NOT on a level surface & I cannot move it at the moment. I need to set it to level by raising the front end slightly (This is for my trailer hitch fabrication project). My problem is I don't know where on the vehicle is the designated level surface (is there one for the pathy?). On my old cadillac you place a bubble level, like between the 2nd and 3rd bolts on the fender under the hood. Has anyone with a known ride height located or know of such a spot, maybe like on the roofline or something ? Otherwise, I can just wing it.

Derrik

WINGED! .... or is it wung? it cant be "wunged," though it is fun to say.

Used 2 laser levels, took a while, but hey, experience has taught me to, measure twice (or ten), cut once. This is especially true when dealing with 20$ worth of .25" cold-rolled 2x6 C-channel (approx length: 28") that one has already spent 3 days shaping. It also doesnt help that I am marking everything with a crayon, though, so I have to be extra exact where I sink the center-punch, cause my marker tolerance is like 3/8".

In case anyone is interested, here is a progress report:

http://ileana.net/derrik/PICT1157.JPG

http://ileana.net/derrik/PICT1158.JPG

current problem is: on the left side (drivers) the existing frame bracket the protrudes downward, juts inward toward the center of the vehicle. This makes the distance from the center of the hitch to the left side about 5/8" less than the right side. The real problem is that this encroaches on the hitch crossmember by about 1/8". I am going to cut-out the welds on the fame hitch, and move it over this distance and re-weld it. Then I am pretty much done.