K&N Performance Intake Kits

statikuz

First off let me say I have a K&N and have had them in every vehicle I've owned.

Now, My brothers both work for Ford, and they said that Ford will void warranties on powerstrokes with K&N filters. The compression is too powerful for the filters. Do our vehicles have that much compression? Dunno, I do know mine has had the same K&N for the last 100k. My truck now has 146k.

Whatever...

That's very intersting! I gotta read the test data more closely, but it seems those so called crappy filters I buy at Wal-Mart every other month, might not be so bad after all.

The guy is correct at the end, more airflow "IN" will not always produce more horsepower or torque. Unless you utilize that additional flow of air by tuning it up with new ignition components, and a new free flowing exhaust (with Headers).

My idea is to keep the stock box with the usual crappy filters, but grab the incomming air from the front grill, hopefully in front of the radiator...one of my many projects that'll probably never get done!

I've had my K&N filter on for more than 45,000 miles with no problems. Most grime and dirty-looking stuff inside the intake is actually semi-dissolved gasoline and oil vapor deposits that occur after shutting off the engine. Just last weekend, I finally took off the K&N to check and clean it. The filter was almost completely caked with the abundant trail dust from Brown's Camp...and sand from Sand Lake. I swabbed the inside of my TBI with a few q-tips dipped in carb and intake cleaner....de nadda. Normal accuumulation of oil and gas deposits, that's it. Make your own conclusion, I guess.