Pathy lost a couple of pounds this w/end

dagwoodzz

Noticed last weekend I had broken my muffler loose. I thought it was just a cracked weld where the pipe joins Muffler. Yesterday she fell out in middle of road. I thought I could get by a month or so before replacing. Oh well trip to muffler shop this week. The searches I was able to find seem to recommend cheapest replacement possible since they are always getting beat pretty bad. Is that the general concensus?

:eek:

hmm well i went thru 2 exhausts in 2 years in my 87 b/c i went to a gas station/repair shop and they used crap parts...i went to a muffler shop in town that was cheap and good and i havent had it rust thru in 5 years so i dont know if they changed the angle so the condensation drains out or what but i will def go to them again when i need 1

The muffler has a lifetime warranty. I asked the guy when I dropped it if the new muffler didn't have a skid plate to grind the old one off and install on new muffler. He says no problem. I look at it when I pick it up an notice one weld broke on a new skidplate. Still no big deal. I get home and look little closer and see that only 3 of the 6 welds held. This is the kicker, He didn't charge me parts or labor for the skid plate. Do I take it back and ask him to tack it right even if I didn't pay for it? Maybe he was afraid he'd burn hole in muffler?

Anyway warranty will only cover muffler and pipes not add-ons. :angry: What would you do?

th_100_0220.jpg

th_100_0219.jpg

th_100_0218.jpg

th_100_0217.jpg