This can't be happening

Guest DTECH

Guest DTECH

Today I decided to hit the mud/water pit before the movies. I played around and when I get out, I hear this hideous squeal. It is inconsistent at various pitches, it is definitely something against metal, it appears and goes away but is always there. At 75 it will appear and go away w no change in speed. When I turn the pitch varies. I remember my dads truck did that and it was wheel bearing, we greased them and it was fixed. But this sounds a lot worse. and I dont think the bearing could go from good to bad in the span of 15 min in the mud. I checked for debris in the wheel wells but nothing. :confused:

DTECH

A water pump will make nasty squeel sounds when it startings going out. Easy to diagnose if you have anti-freeze. Remove skid plate, shine flashlight on front of motor from the bottom. If you see pretty emerald green drops of water, time for new water pump.

Edited by dagwoodzz

Guest DTECH

Filthy Luker was right, I took off front right tire and washed out w hose. lots of dirt came

from between the rotor and the plate behind. Everything had about 1/4 inch of mud on it. Well now I know. Thanks guys :D

yes. luker is wise. when i've been playin in the mud (if it's gooey stuff) i always was my brakes real good and check for crap stuck in there.... oh the love of a pressure washer!

glad it was nothing serious :aok:

NOW! PICS!!!!! we want to see some PICS! -bounce-