What plugs and how about synthetic?

BobbyD

Want to know from you folks what you feel are the best plugs that benefit our little powerhouses. Had my SE for 4 months now and I need to give it it's summer(and 1st) tune-up. What plugs do you feel these vehicles benefit from and my pathy has 116,000 miles. Can I start to put synthetic in exclusively? Or do they do better with natural oil?

Guest 95path addict

As long as your using a thin motor oil ( 5w30 or 10w30) dont think you

will notice any difference but spark plugs (ND OR NGK) exclusivly.

The VG30 does not like split fire either ...

I put Mobil1 5W-30 in. I may start using the new M1 SUV 5W-30 formula that just came out. As for plugs, I first had Bosch Platinums in, but I think I have NKG plugs in now.

Just a word of warning I've got 145,000 on my Pathfinder and decide to put synthetic in it during my last oil change..within a few days I had oil dripping from my oil pan. I never found out where the leak was coming from but I suspect the rear main oil seal..I let it go for several weeks but it never stopped leaking changed back over to Castrol 10W30 and with in a few days the leak had stopped and hasn't returned.

i was using champion plugs.. my S-10 loved them.. pathy HATED them... now using NGK and she LOVES them. I use 10w-40 Valvoline Max Life with a bottle of restore as well. :rolleyes: i live in CA and in my area it can go from 110 degrees down to 27 degrees in the course of a week :angry:

Edited by Slick