brake booster/master cylinder

Cuong Nguyen

I'm pretty sure my brake booster and master cylinder are bad, but would like to know more to confirm so... I didn't really notice the problem until I started bleeding the front left brake. All I got was bubbles and lots of it trying to bleed. I eventually saw bubbles come up in the brake fluid reservoir each time the brake was pumped. I also see the booster move forward and back when pumping the brakes....

someone help me out... I'm having the worst of luck here with my disk brake swap...

It's confirmed via Mr. Reverse that the MC is bad and most likely the booster as well if it's been leaking for a while. Anyone have a mastery cylinder and brake booster for 4 wheel disk pathfinder?

i know my booster moves forwards a lil bit when the pedal is pumped...but then again 4 years ago i was told it was going to go out sometime soon b/c it filled up with brake fluid after my master cylinder went bad (i didnt know it would shoot fluid everywhere when it was bad i thought i had a pin hole between the m/c and booster so i jbwelded it up)...

to me it sounds like you've just got a air leak on that line b/c i would think if the m/c was bad it'd do it for all wheels instead of just 1 but im not 100% on that

yeah, it takes a different MC for the 4 discs system. there is a proportioning valve involved..

MC is dead when the brake pedal goes to the floor when the system is air free. otherwise i'd look into an air leak somewhere..

booster you will need a very strong leg to get vehivle to stop and you will hear like a hissing sound coming from around your brake pedel it will sound like air coming out......also check ur calipers you might have one going bad and it sucking air back in after you release pedal

Edited by fordsho90