help with 2002

youngpit

hello i just got my 02 ls fully loaded last week. i have only one problem with it.. i am hearing a funny whisleing sound. (spelling is bad i no). can figure out where the sound is comming from. i thought it was the roof rack, i moved it but still hear the sound.. then i thought it might be the sun/moon roof what ever we call it here.. but i have no idea where its comming from but its driving me nuts.... any one with the same prob.. PLEASE HELP...

also i am planing on replacng the factory radio its the bose with 6 disk indash... not sure if any one would want it but i will sell it for a ok price .. :D

Edited by youngpit

is it low or high pitched ? LE or SE model ? (the roof racks are different)

you put ls thats not a model. get ready to sped a few bucks to upgrade from the bose system. 200 watts, pretuned, indiv. amped speakers. an aftermarket radio outs 65x4 watts at most..luckily ive got nav in my 01 and the smaller bose. mine still sounds great. plus i just added a dvd/tv

sorry its a le. yea i am going with the Eslipse AVN5495, Boston Acoustics SL60 for the front, rear. pluse my daughters dvd and pioneer monitor all for a wopping $1600, installed with stearing wheel control. but back to the noise its kinda a high pitch sound

There's a TSB about the whistling, though I'm not sure if it includes the roof rack you have on your LE (I have the larger one with the Nissan wind fairing on the front of it) Apparently lot's of Pathy's have the same issue. Try sliding your bars back to the rear of the rack and make sure you tighten them down all the way.

would the se roof rack fit. on the le with the sunroof.. also where do i find the tbs on the whisleing sound

Yes the SE should fit an LE Pathy just fine; the chassis/body is the same, just cosmetic differences seperate the two models, though, I think your going to have a difficult time finding a rack...much less buy one as I'm sure they cost an arm and a leg! If my memory serves me correctly the '02-'04 are the Pathy's w/ this rack (I love mine!)

It's called a TSB, Technical Service Bulletin and all Nissan dealerships know about these. Do NOT confuse it with a recall though; a TSB means that enough people have complained about a particular issue (i.e. my slight exhaust leak cause by ****** piping!) to the point where Nissan North America says "Ok we're gonna put out a remedy to shut these customers up" (i.e. in my case...a $25 patching kit they'll use to seal the leak) A RECALL is the one where you can get the repairs done 100% free :D

http://www.nissanhelp.com

That's your #1 source for technical info. about your Pathy as far as Nissan North America goes.

I think your going to have a difficult time finding a rack...much less buy one as I'm sure they cost an arm and a leg! If my memory serves me correctly the '02-'04 are the Pathy's w/ this rack (I love mine!)

tell me about it !! Its like they are made of gold or something...ill never give up NEVER !!!! :takebow:

Careful though, these racks have their issues as well...the wind fairing on mine likes to rattle a bit when I'm on the highway and the head wind hits it JUST right. It's so annoying! It doesn't happen all the time though, just once in a while.

well thanks to all of you who pointed me in the correct direction i was able to find out what was causing the noise.... went to the link did what they said took 10 min and no more noise... now gotta dothe brakes tommorow and i am golden...