@#$% tranny@#$#flost #@$%3rd gear

dnodog

Well my trany has died.... I have first and second gears no third or od

My choices are... rebuild/replace tranny 5 to 8 grand

Buy second hand Mitsubishi Pajero{98 model)50 grand

Buy NEW ford ranger...but i don't have 80Grand for a new one.

What do you guys suggest?

Guest hardpathy

80K for a Ranger? Am I missing something there? Is it because it's in Barbados? That's nutz for a Ford. I'd say get the Mitsu instead of the Ford.

Or buy a used Pathy (your vehicle is a Pathy right?) for parts if I were you. I'm sure you can get one for less than the 5-8K you talk about just for the tranny? Is it because of the TD that the tranny is that much? No used Tranny's around?

1US$ = $2BDS.

Not many pathys' here, can't find a tranny here, may find one in Trinidad and ship it over.

Oh the duty and taxes on cars is 190% and that is calculated after the cost of shipping is included.

That's insane pricing for tranny rebuild! It's about $1000-$2000 for either a wrecker tranny or a rebuild here and that's in Canadian currency so it would be about 20+% higher than in US Dollars.

Did you call around? :confused:

This sucks bad man... I had the same problem pretty much exactly one year ago and decided to have the tranny rebuilt.

My tranny is a:

RE4R01A.... i can't get a rebuild kit here for mine either.

I'll get the tranny dropped tomorrow, then I'll know if to repair or replace.If i decide to rebuild the tranny, I might need to send one of you some $ to get the job done