pre warm diesel

Guest -mako-

hey I just viewed this little contraption and it involves a sleeve inserted in the top radiator hose it has the fuel running over the hot water from the engine inside a sleeve as per the pic.

Its not cheap but is stating reasonable returns with regard to running economy due to the fact that the diesel is being pre warmed prior to entering the combustion chamber.

DE_6.gif14541504.jpg

PS:If you cant see that first image just view the page HERE

Edited by -mako-

Thats kinda what I was thinking...in theory it sounds feasible even looks the part but at the end of the day I haven't seen any pre warmers on any diesel motors.

I guess the compression just sky rockets the fuel so quick that no manufactures have bothered with any kind of pre warm configuration.

I think I will save the $ for proved and tested items and in need on my terrano, but its at least an idea for anyone willing to play around with or even manufacture something up themselves. sly

• 1 month later...

I think the Terano fuel lines get some pre warming anyway. They run from the right side across the firewall just behind the motor to the filter on the left and back to the pump. The high perssure injector lines run from the pump up through the inlet manifold to the injectors.

Put your hand on the injector lines after the motor has been running for a while and see how hot they are. Probably the same temp as the radiator unless you are in a freezing climate.