anyone use trans no slip?

speedbuggy67

I was gonna try some lucas transmission no slip see how that works in my trans with 206k on her but it slips going up hills when you depress the gas at say 70-75 or in 2nd at 25-30. My mechanic put this stuff in it and the shifts got so nice and soft no banging but i know lucas is pretty decent stuff anyone else have luck with it. BTW my reverse is perfect i know thats a tell tale sign of wear. Thanks in advance.

Scott

i used it when my first gear started kicking really hard. Specifcally it was called Lucas oil Transmission fix, so it might be different. In either case, it smoothed things out pretty good for a while, a flush helped lots too. The one thing that concernes me about it, just not thinking of it. Is that its pretty thick stuff, and the main cause for failure in our transmissions (wd21's) is overheating the transmission, or the stock cooler getting clogged up. Putting thick tranny fluid additives in, doesn't really seem like a good idea. Unless you also have an aftermarket cooler on your truck.

long story short. It works... for a while anyways.