Old Man Emu....

sammyb33

ok lookin around at some suspension lifts, lookin at going to normal route, ucas, jgc coils, tbars later, shocks....then i was wheeling with my friend and his cherokee the other day after he had just put on his OME shocks and other equipment. I got to wondering because supriseingly it did quite well, kept traction, ex. So i went looking and OME makes a 1.75 lift for pathies..which is really all i want, not going to much bigger, so i was wondering if anyone had heard about these on a pathy, because it looks like a pretty good idea, so any input would be much appreciated.....

-Sammy

Edited by sammyb33

I was looking at them too, but I still think you will need new uca's to keep your angles right. The emu kit is just shocks and rear springs. it is just torsion bar lift in the front.

This is just what I could gather from the web. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Crazy Geologist

I am going with Old Man Emu shocks. They have the best ride out there IMO. However, I am going with BDS springs & torsion bars w\ superlift UCAs.

I'll let you know in about a month how I like the ride of the Old Man Emu shocks.

Keep in mind they they have heavy-duty and "medium" shocks. I went with medium b\c I don't think I will be towing often.

Z

I've run them on my 94 V6 for the last two and a half years. Carry big loads at times on some trips with fuel etc. They ride very well, very soft and comfortable. They have good articulation. I have lately put spacers in the rear, 14mm for more height. I,m changing as I want more lift plus doing a SAS to the front.

Al