1992 4WD instructions for Sis-in-Law

Guest rayraychan

Guest rayraychan

Hi All...

OKAY, everyone roll your eyes right now before you read this... :rolleyes:

The story -

The 1992 4WD AT SE Pathy was mine, but was gifted to my wifes nephew, who has left for Saudi Arabia with the Airforce for a couple of months. He has lent the 1992 Pathy to his mom (my Sis-In-law) in Colorado. Needless to say, he forgot to leaver her a manual. She can't put it into 4WD, and she needs it, b/c the weather is getting worse, and she would like the extra grip of 4 wheels going at once. She can't figure it out, and I've forgotten how to do it (it's been about 4 years since I had it last!)

If I remember right, just lock the wheels (outside) and get inside and shift the 4WD shifter into 2H? I remember there being some resistance into the shifter, but otherwise it should work okay...right?

Anyways, I miss my Pathy, though I can't complain witht he Rodeo that I got...and it is MUCH easier to throw into 4WD when I want (fun in the Indiana snow!)

Everyone's help is VERY MUCH appreciated!

Rayray

not sure on the 92's but I believe you should shift to 4H, not 2H.

I have auto hubs and the process is to shift FROM 2H into 4H and go.

Preferably from a stop or under 30 kph move the lever from 2H to 4H roll slowly forward to lock the hubs and go.

Unless her son instaled manually locking hubs she should not have to lock the hubs manually.