tire chain

bear claw

4 years back i bought those chains that have like a "plastic coated" feel to them... i worried that if one came off and hit my beloved perfectly straight S-10 i would DIE... they fit just like any other chain but your vehicle fares better in case of mishap.

I hear those star fish thingies are great and really easy to install without the rolling back n forth deal.. just clamp them on n go....

The diamond pattern chains are much better in terms of ride quality and traction than chains which use a ladder type pattern. The diamond ones cost more but it is well worth it. You can get chains with plastic stiffeners so that you can put them on easier, but they are pretty bulky, and not really worth the extra cost and bulk.

I think national chain is a good manufacturer, but I had a hard time google searching for it.

And with the fender flares: I lost mine the first time I used the chains. Ha.

yes those are the ticket!

You will notice that with the diamond type chains, the chain is always beween the tire and the road, whereas with the ladder type chains, you are constantly bouncing on and off the chain.

I own one pair of each, and bought of the ladder type before I realized the diamond type existed. I don't think I will ever buy one of the ladder type again.