Factory amps

ILoveMyPatty

1990 Pathfinder SE

Okay okay, I know there are other threads about aftermarket stereo installs etc. that say where the factory amps are (Passenger side rear panel) correct?

Well I took the panel off and there's nothing in there.

Took the drivers side panel off and there's just a bunch of wires, and one funky box thing. The reason I'm wondering is because I installed a JVC deck today and am only getting sound in the front speakers. I read in another thread that the reason for this could be the factory amp that powers the rear, isn't getting power?... I wanted to see if I could take the Line In, cut it off, and splice it to the Line Out, but I guess that's not the case?

I would keep searching but my internet is damn slow and it's a chore when a page loads 1/2 way then stops and you have to refresh it.... every.. damn...time....

So, where are my factory amps?

post-1-1136778039.jpg

Oh, and... the line that goes IN for the rear speakers, can that be spliced into the line OUT of the amp (for the rear speakers)?

Doesn't seem like there would be an advantage of doing so.. but... I dno why I'm not getting any sound from the rears, they're connected properly, I'm 95% sure...

Oh and... there were 4 PINK wires in the back of my factory deck... I tested them for power and there wasn't any, so I just snipped them off and there they are...