Replacing VHS to DVD with factory wiring.

pathfinder01

Well I was bored so I decided to figure out what can be done on my 01 pathy. I have taken the VHS and jucntion box last night and trying to figure out where to tap the wires for the after market DVD. Well Finally I did it this afternoon and it worked like a charm. Any one interested to do this mod? I can post the procedure and pictures later. Need to finalize my work as we speak right now and at the same time I will snap some pictures. :takebow:

Replacing VHS to DVD guide for 2001 and 2002 Pathfinder.

Tools needed.

1. Screw Driver big and small size

2. Socket wrench 10mm

3. Cutter

4. blade

5. Wire stripper

6. Soldering Iron

7. Solder with flux

8. Solder wick

9. Small needle nose pliers

Parts

1. Car Dvd player

2. RCA harness for Audio Video

3. Power harness

4. Remote eye

The Work!

1. Remove rear gate kicking plate.

2. Remove VHS and braket.

3. Remove rear side lower garnishes.

Now you will see the juacntion box mounted next to the bose amplifier.

Note: On this picture modification has been done. Just for reference location of the junction box.

ee44%5B1%5D.jpg

4. Remove 4x10mm mounting Screw.

5. Seperate the junction box from the amplifier. It's mounted with 4 small screws.

6. Remove the lid of the jucntion box.

7. Unplug the original harness.

a8bd%5B1%5D.jpg

8. Remove the PC Board from the box. There are four tabs, you have to straigthen those out.

9. Detach the male connector from the baord. You can use the solder wick to remove the solder from the connector and the board.

10. Cut the other end of the RCA A/V harness and strip it carefully with a blade. Make sure you don't cut thru it.

11. Strip the inner conductor with wire stripper. Repeat step 10 and 11 on the remaining two conductor.

12. Tin the bare wires with solder.

13. On the audio harness tie both ground together. Left is white, Right is red. You will see the identification on the back of the PC Board. Same for the Video marked as yellow is + shielding wire is -.

1061%5B1%5D.jpg

14. Solder those wires onto the board.

a934%5B1%5D.jpg

15. Terminate the power harness, Red is remote or ACC, Yellow is battery, Black is ground. You can tap the wires onto the boards power connector. Pin 1 ground, Pin 2 battery, Pin 3 ACC or Remote.

dafa%5B1%5D.jpg

16. Make sure you have enough strain relief on the harness before closing. You can use a tywrap or zippie teis to hold the harness together inside the box.

17. Now you can put the board inside the box and close it.

8da9%5B1%5D.jpg

18. Try it first before you put things back together.

e01f%5B1%5D.jpg

d87a%5B1%5D.jpg

19. Now everything is working! Time to install the remote eye. Remove 2 fasteners on the rear side upper garnishes.

20. Run the remote eye wire all the way to the center upper pillar garnishes.

21. Mount the remote eye on this location (optional) Note: You can mount it anywhere but it has to be close as possible for the remote control.

1461%5B1%5D.jpg

22. Install everything back and just need to find a nice location for the DVD player. This is where I put mine.

c80b%5B1%5D.jpg

Have Fun!

• 1 year later...