R50 rear drums squeek bad

Tuned200

No, it's not normal. Do they squeak when applied, or just all the time ? Perhaps they just need adjustment, perhaps they are glazed. Anyone drive around with the parking brake engaged (even partially) lately ?? Since it only has 12k on it, I'd take it straight to the dealership han have then deal with it for free even though it is a wear item. No new vehicle should do that under normal circumstances, not even a Ford.

B

Ijust had it there last week, and they didnt say a thing about it, butthat figures. The wife drives it 99% of the time. I doubt she left the P brake on, we dont use it. They squeek when you allpy the brakes, not all the time. Looks like I will be calling them tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

They may just need a cleaning. But yeah, with that low of miles, I'd go to the dealer and have them specifically look at them, test drive, etc.

LOL about the Ford brakes, ain't that the truth. I know of at least 4 Fords between family and friends with endless brake problems.

After calling them, and saying my truck was there last friday, and they made no mention of it, the guy says the brakes are suppost to be adjusted and cleaned during the 15K mile service. I got him to look at it this coming monday. We shall see. Im not paying anything for this, since its a new truck still. Not even 12K miles.