Squeak Squeak Squeak

thepathfinder

I might add that that noise also may indicate bad ball joints, or ball joints lacking grease. And I also might suggest Energy Suspension bushings if that is what the problem is. I put those on my control arms and I don't know how to describe it but it just seems like I'm more in control of the truck. And the red color looks killer.

thats what i wanted to hear!!! :beer: Would you get the same tire clearance from a 3'' bl and a 3'' sl? i know the bl is cheaper but i dont like the look of the frame under the doors showin. thanks for yalls advice tho.

yeah u would get the same clearance, a 3" bl is lifting the body away from the frame 3 inchs, an sl is lift everything but still if u measure from a point on the body to the hubs of the wheel it will still be 3 inchs higher (example, with a 3" bl, measure from where fender flares sit (bottom outer edge of wheel well/fender) u will have 3" higher than stock, so it again with an sl and u will get the same results) but as u said theres that frame hanging down look, i hate that but theres things called gap guards that u can install, there cover the space inbetween the body and frame and make it look alot better, i dont know much about these, so yeah

aight i think im gonna go w/ tha sl, but goin back to tha squeak, can i jus take the shock off and then if it quits squeakin, then the problem is the shock? im gonna grease my ball joints in tha morn, but would that work w/ the shock, and whats the price on the energy susp. bushings?

Woah! You didn't grease your ball joints! I'm no mechanic but I'm thinking I've found your problem. A set of Energy Suspension bushings cost me just over $40. The dealor I ordered from said that they were on backorder and said they would take 3 weeks but he called me to say he had them 1 week later. I don't know? Weird.

thats what i wanted to hear!!!  Would you get the same tire clearance from a 3'' bl and a 3'' sl? i know the bl is cheaper but i dont like the look of the frame under the doors showin. thanks for yalls advice tho

Like B said earlier, you'll get close to 3", but probably between 2" & 2.5" for the front. I'm not a big fan of body lifts either for the same reason you said, so I did the susp. lift first and got about 2.5" in front. I still had to trim a bit on my flares and mushed some sheet metal back a little to fit the 32" BF Goodrich A/T's, but I'm gonna hafta do the body lift and figger out a way to cover the gap once I get 33s.

One of the downsides of a susp. lift is that it puts more stress on your front driveline and steering and wears parts out faster because of the increased angles. I don't know how much faster, but faster. Plus the severe angles increase the chance of breaking something when off roading. I don't know the rate of increase, but it increases. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for cool because it doesn't matter what you drive, stock vehicles suck. Mod it ASAP!

BTW, the Pathy's susp. lift was way easier to do than body lift on my old Wrangler. Search the forum for install info tips and you should have no trouble putting it on.

naw wheelman i didnt put them on, the local mechanic did and he greased em, but a lil more grease cant hurt, lol, but jj how big of a deal is it to trim the flares and mush back the sheet metal??? I want 32's but i dont want my rig to look bad, and i dont do mych off roadin so i aint as worried bout the angles, or should i b?

It's no big deal to trim the flares. Just trim where the tires rub then think about where they'll rub when you hit a bump and trim a bit more. I trimmed the sheet metal a little on the corners where it looked like it might rub when off road and the flares covered it so it really doesnt look any different.

Ok i searched for the lift but if neone could give me the combos for the lift i would appreciate it. Ok i know buy the jgc or ford coils in the rear, but for the front what all will i need, t-bars, coils, UCA's-what. I dont even drive it in 4wd that much cuz it kills the gas but i still want to b able to, i know the UCA's correct the angle or w/e but would i need them? and my t-bars are almoswt maxed out and they sag really bad so i guess i need aftermarket t-bars, but which of those for the front do i NEED, im on a tight budget? I really dont have many 4wheelin buddies :beer: so u guys are it, everyone round here jus says leave it stock and they cant give me ne advice so i need you guys-lol-Thanks alot-Matthew

here's what i used.. both from kragen auto parts...

JGC coils: p/n PA 8360513 (FCS782V) $69.99 new

Rancho RS5000 : PO 6005995 (RS5116) $79.98 for the 2 rear :aok:

Slick you're killin' me over here with your explanation/description of splines!  You go girl!  Sometimes you even make me feel inadequate and I consider myself fairly mechanically inclined.  You're the goods babe keep it up!  Can we get a Jack and Coke for the lady please.? :beer:

M

:bow: thank you kind sir i am flattered! well.. i guess bein single most of my life (or having totally non mechanically inclined bf's) you learn to do things yourself.. which is good, and i really enjoy wrenching on stuff. I like to know how the things i use operate.. especially cars/trucks.. guess i am just a good ol CA female redneck... oh.. and i was also a mechanics apprentice for 2 yrs before i broke my back racing cars dirt track... now i can't stand wrenching too long before i have to take a break if i am ata a funky angle.. and vehicles on lifts KILL me.. so mechanic was out.... horses are my next true love but you think wally worlds pay is ******? try working 14 hrs a day onna ranch n gettin $8 hr for the first 8 hrs n nothin after that...... yeah... no.

CHEERS!!! :beer: -study- P...

Edited by Slick

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys sry i kinda ran this topic off tha subject, but back on tha subject i greased my bj's and it still squeaks, its any time my rig flexes at all(not like rock crawling but like goin over a dip in my driveway) and when i turn my steering wheel. i think its something in the a-arm bushing/shock area, and it seems that its coming from the front right. I need help b/c i start school back on wed. so if im gonna work on it its got to be tomm. or tues. thanks -matt

check yer idler arm..could be worn out or the bushings maybe... does it squeak or clunk? you checked all possible joints/bushings? did you do the wd40 test? spray one thing atta time with wd40.. if that part stops the squeaking then you know what it is... keep doing it until the squeak stops.. then you have found your problem ;) one part atta time though!