No interior lights or tail lights

strykeone

I was re installing my head unit and I pushed, the loose wires toward the drivers side portion of the inside of the dash, in the space where the head unit would sit. It sparked and I had no tail lights or interior/dash lights.

I repaired the switch not too long ago. I'm thinking a fuse? or maybe I pulled a ground wire off? I traced from the switch to the wires running through there and came up with nothing...I have a have a loose 2 prong plug in there, and another multi pronged plug running from a small ciruit board back there, both of which are connected to nothing. :blink:

It's a 1987 5spd V6.

Thanks in advance

you shorted out the parking light wire that's behind the stock deck. pull the deck out again, locate the parking light wire and ensure the insulation isn't torn or frayed in any way. Make sure the connection between the parking light wire and the new deck is secure and properly crimped if you used a butt connector or soldered properly.

Replacing the fuse will fix it until that wire touches something again.

you shorted out the parking light wire that's behind the stock deck. pull the deck out again, locate the parking light wire and ensure the insulation isn't torn or frayed in any way. Make sure the connection between the parking light wire and the new deck is secure and properly crimped if you used a butt connector or soldered properly.

Replacing the fuse will fix it until that wire touches something again.

Well done lowrider. :clap:

Ditto what they said. But first, check all your fuses. There is one that powers both the dash lights and tail/marker lights. Check that first with somebody the help, just to be sure. If that checks out fine, also check into the wiring especially if you wired a deck with "illumination" such that you had to tap into the dash wiring in order to control the dimming/lighting of your aftrmarket deck. This could bring up some issues.